- Total costs: 47.5 million Euro
- TBE costs: 15.0 million Euro
- Technical master planning of system groups 1 – 8 according to § 51 HOAI (2009)
- Including laboratory technology
- The Alfred Wegener Institute conducts research in the arctic, Antarctica, and the mid and high latitudes of the oceans. The new building constructed in Bremerhaven for the research institute achieves a low total energy balance: a CHP plant, absorption refrigeration system, concrete core activation via water in the harbor, heat recovery, natural lighting and ventilation in both summer and winter result in a comfortable interior climate.
- Planned and implemented lab technology systems:
- 20 biology labs, 9 chemistry labs, 8 measuring/instrumentation rooms, 14 cooling rooms/culture rooms, 2 refrigeration labs, 3 refrigerator/freezer storage rooms, 2 clean rooms, each equipped with lock, preparation room, equipment room, and measuring/instrumentation room, 1 L2 (BSL 2) lab, 1 NMR, 2 rinsing rooms, 3 workshop rooms, 5 storage facilities for chemicals/hazardous materials, 2 specimen/sample storage rooms
- The master concept of the technical equipment for the labs meets the functional requirements of the research operations.